cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Navigating eBay's Global Shipping Program

I'm curious about the Global Shipping Program on eBay and how it works. Can anyone share their experiences with this program? I'm particularly interested in knowing the benefits, potential challenges, and any tips for successful international selling through the Global Shipping Program. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It has worked great for me.  I get an order.  I send it to the shipping center and they do the rest.  Depending on where it is going it may take a long time.  I have an order from Belgium right now and it has been about 3 weeks and they have not gotten it yet.  However, they seem to know that it is going to take time as noone has complained.  Again, I'm sold on it.  Stay safe.  Robert

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The Global Shipping program is gone.  The new program is called EBAY INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.  It's great.  Your money is yours to keep even if the buyer says you sent a rock. No need to fill out custom forms. You ship the item to the Ebay center (either in Illinois or in California depending on the buyer's country.)  They want you to put in an invoice.   There are some items that can NOT be shipped out of the country so please be aware of that.  Pack the items in a decent box and not one that says batteries or ones that contained a chemical.  Those boxes might be rejected  on the foreign end of the trip.

Ebay does not ship to all countries.  For example, they don't ship to Mexico, Ukraine, Russia.  IF there is an issue, Ebay will do the refund. If  you get a negative, ebay will remove it.   Basically, the only bad thing is you can't combine items .  

I had a buyer who made 3 offers on 3 different Wiking cars.  I accepted the first one. When I noticed he was the same person for the other two, I immediately emailed him and told him that I could not combine these 3 tiny cars unless, I closed all 3 ads and wrote 1 ad especially for him .  The price would be the sale price of the 3 cars plus 1 shipping fee.  He agreed.   In the end, he liked 5 other cars.  So I closed those ads, knocked a dollar off each car and wrote an ad for the 8 Wiking cars.  The price was the total of the 8 cars and I wrote the shipping fee.     I started the  ad with a buy it now 100 dollars higher than the agreed price.  The buyer knew I would do this to avoid someone else buying.  He made the offer of the agreed price and I accepted.

Of course, you need to communicate all of this and get a response back. I was lucky that the buyer was in Canada and was fluent in English.   

Definitely give it a try.  Sales are dismal as it is.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* 

EIS must ship to Mexico in some cases. There are shipping costs for Mexico on the EIS pricing chart.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@assiza_55 

I used it a few months back for some purchases from the UK.

As a Buyer, I will NEVER use it again.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply