cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three items, two different addresses, and a discount

Is it possible to buy three items together, send two items to one address, and send one item to another address? I want to buy them together because of the "buy two, get one free" offer for doing so. I know you can order them individually in the cart, but you won't get the discount for that.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The seller can give you the discount after purchases shipping...I do it all the time...just ask. That's not impossible.

And the seller is the only one who decides what address(s) are used to send what where.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Only the seller can grant your wishes.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Hmmm.....the seller I purchased from is secondsale. At secondsale, messages to the seller go to the store, but the warehouse where the actual items are is someplace different. The store has no way of communicating with the warehouse. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

At face value, I think you have one 'quantity:3' order. If that's right, there's only room for one address per order, no? 🤔

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Sounds like drop shipping from someone else...so your wishes probably won't be granted.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Correct, that's the issue I'm trying to find a way around.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I understand that's your belief, but I think you're wrong...because I want there to be a way. 🙂

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

You need to talk to the seller...NO other options.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hmmm, interesting theory. Here's what ChatGPT says: 

It's possible to buy multiple items on eBay and have them shipped to different addresses. However, this feature might not be directly available on all listings. You can usually achieve this by using the "Add to cart" feature and then proceeding to checkout. During the checkout process, you should see an option to specify different shipping addresses for each item. If this option isn't available, you can contact the seller directly to inquire about arranging separate shipments to different addresses for the items you're interested in purchasing together.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I am a seller...if you ask me personally to send something to another address than what the payment stated...for a few dollars as a seller...YES...and I have done that...key is how much we are talking about...over 10 bucks...probably not.

And ChatGPT....not a real person I would assume...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

ChatGPT is a chatbot developed by OpenAI. Based on a large language model, it enables users to refine and steer a conversation towards a desired length, format, style, level of detail, and language. Successive prompts and replies, known as prompt engineering, are considered at each conversation stage as a context. 

Perhaps you once had a method of sending to two addresses without contacting the seller, but no longer do? That's the only scenario where you might be correct.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The seller can give you the discount after purchases shipping...I do it all the time...just ask. That's not impossible.

And the seller is the only one who decides what address(s) are used to send what where.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@iaulle2 wrote:

Hmmm, interesting theory. Here's what ChatGPT says: 

It's possible to buy multiple items on eBay and have them shipped to different addresses. However, this feature might not be directly available on all listings. You can usually achieve this by using the "Add to cart" feature and then proceeding to checkout. During the checkout process, you should see an option to specify different shipping addresses for each item. If this option isn't available, you can contact the seller directly to inquire about arranging separate shipments to different addresses for the items you're interested in purchasing together.

This weirds me out. It took ChatGPT all those words to echo @12345jamesstamps' "Only the seller can grant your wishes." 😕

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Seller ask for 3 wishes....maybe only had one left...I don't know

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I do not see any option to choose different addresses in checkout.  I added 3  items from one seller and  checkout shows me the ability to edit my address for all 3 items, not each item.   It would be possible if the sellers were separate as you could click on ‘pay only this seller’ but I don’t see a way to do it for one seller.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply