cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The box resizer is certainly getting a work-out today.

Smiley Sad

(A lot of our larger items had been set up with shipping tables so that we targeted Zones 1-4).

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

you should use UPS still cheaper then USPS even if compare to DIM for large size items, also try to setup for click n ship business pro service of USPS to get better rates, i do not know how many packages you have every day but they can offer you some good discount depend on your packages every day.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

My box resizer is a yardstick and box cutter 😃

- Suzanne -
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

For some of my larger items, FedEx SmartPost and FedEx Home Delivery have become the go to options for certain zones again.

What was approx $9 to zone 4 using Parcel Select or Priority prior to 6/23 is now $18, but FedEx Home Delivery at $14 is now a contender.

What was approx $17 to zone 8 using Parcel Select prior to 6/23 is now $47, but FedEx Home Delivery at $24 or SmartPost at $23 are now contenders.

I generally offer 4 options on that type of listing (USPS PM and PS and FedEx Home Delivery and SmartPost) and let the buyer choose.

Hopefully eBay's idiotic ghosting of some shipping options isn't going to take away the one that would be a best choice for a particular buyer.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@scga912 wrote:

My box resizer is a yardstick and box cutter 😃

I used to do that, but having that box resizer has been a big help.  Just set the depth, run around the four sides, and slit the four corners down to that level with a knife.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
For some of my larger items, FedEx SmartPost and FedEx Home Delivery have become the go to options for certain zones again.

What was approx $9 to zone 4 using Parcel Select or Priority prior to 6/23 is now $18, but FedEx Home Delivery at $14 is now a contender.

What was approx $17 to zone 8 using Parcel Select prior to 6/23 is now $47, but FedEx Home Delivery at $24 or SmartPost at $23 are now contenders.

I generally offer 4 options on that type of listing (USPS PM and PS and FedEx Home Delivery and SmartPost) and let the buyer choose.

Hopefully eBay's idiotic ghosting of some shipping options isn't going to take away the one that would be a best choice for a particular buyer.

It is stated that the 1st choice will not be removed.

After that 1st one, all bets are off. I offer Priority as a second choice. Does not always show up when I do a test with different Zips.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

>>It is stated that the 1st choice will not be removed.

Yep, but for most of my scenarios (weight and volume combinations), any one of choices 1,2,or 3 (Priority, SmartPost. FedEx Home Delivery) might be the cheapest depending on zone, so that wheel of fortune approach may not work out well for my buyers.

Having the Primary Priority Mail price always show when it's $75 to Zone 8, is useless if they ghost the $25 FedEx Home Delivery option for those zone 8 buyers

(I'm unclear on exactly when options are disappeared or not disappeared - maybe when an option is significantly less expensive like FedEx Home Delivery that scenario it is safe from falling in a blackhole? It's only when an option is about the same price and service level as another option that it goes on the chopping block?)
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

The new idiotic ghosting will likely hide SmartPost unless it's the first option.  There have also been reports that if you only have one option it's being ghosted in some situations.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 8
latest reply