cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax paid receipt - Global shipping programme - unavailable!

In summary - Ebay and Pitney Bowes are incapable of providing me with a tax paid receipt. 

I imported from the USA an item costing $800, shipped through the GSP. This was delivered. Given that I travel abroad frequently and that. were I to be questioned on return at customs, I would need to show that duty and VAT had been paid. 

After much pushing Ebay managed to supply me with a document which is in all ways inadequate, verging on the laughable.  I have attached a (redacted) copy. 

To me this verges on the fraudulent. I have no proof that tax and duty has been paid on the item in question, nor are Ebay/Pitney Bowes willing/able to supply any documentation in support of the transaction detailing the item concerned nor the name and details of the agent handling the clearance. 

I avoid using the GPS where ever possible for all the reasons voiced many times in these forums. However there are times where I have no alternative.  This issue of tax receipts (or lack off) adds another layer of dysfunctionality, and dare I say dishonesty to the GSP system. 

Ebay GSP tax receipt 2019-10-18 11.57.13.png

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Tax paid receipt - Global shipping programme - unavailable!

Apart from the fact that I can’t be offered combined shipping by my sellers, this is my pet peeve.

And I have been taxed for items for which I have not been taxed before.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply