cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard international shipping ?

I have standard international shipping marked as Enrolled in my account settings, when I create a listing on iOS app, do I still select that international shipping is an option  or no? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @logalexllc . You opt in to eBay International Shipping (eIS) at the account level - which you have already done.

As long as your listings do not have international exclusions in place, and as long as your item is eligible for the program, eBay will automatically add eIS to your listings without you having to do anything.

You do not have to choose eIS on the listing form.

Please keep in mind that eBay International Standard Delivery (eISD) is a completely different service - it's something you offer at the listing level and can not opt in through your account settings. Best not to throw in the word "standard" if that's not the service you're referring to.

eBay gave these services very similar names which causes a lot of confusion. Not eBay's greatest move.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Does it seem like this option is usually cheaper for the buyer than say usps priority international which is usually the cheapest option ?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

USPS Priority International is often more expensive than EIS. First class International can cost less in some cases or more in other cases,  it really depends on the size of the package.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

PJ answered your question about cost.

You can add a direct shipping option with USPS. eBay will display both direct shipping and eIS, giving the buyer a choice of services at checkout.

Keep in mind direct shipping does not come with any of the eIS seller protections.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply