cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold item shows "My note: International Sale." But a US address.

I've had it show "International sale" before with a US addy, but in the fee details it would show an international fee. This one doesn't. Is it a glitch or a scam?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So the buyer's registered address is in the US, their shipping address is in the US and there's no international fee - but you're seeing an "international sale" note on the order. Could that happen if the buyer's funding source is international? I don't know what else could cause the international  sale note to appear when everything else about the transaction points to the US.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Buyer is registered internationally but may be using a US address. 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@mkaczorsee wrote:

Buyer is registered internationally but may be using a US address. 

Unlikely. That situation always incurs the international fee. There are a number of posts complaining that the fee is being charged when the buyer is using a freight forwarder and their registered location is outside the U.S.

You're absolutely certain your buyer is registered outside the U.S., OP?

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

I've had it show "International sale" before with a US addy, but in the fee details it would show an international fee. This one doesn't. Is it a glitch or a scam?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Hey @max-list! The international fee is charged if the buyers registered address or shipping address is international. If they are using a domestic registered address and having it shipped domestically then that would negate the international fee. You can go here to learn more!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

Been doing this regularly on my mobile for a few months.

Most likely lowest contract bidder coding. We won't ever see that get fixed.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@friskya  No they're not registered outside the U.S., err not that I know of. There home page says "Based in the United States".

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Well, there's your answer then. Post #4 has the information you need!

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@max-list wrote:

Hey @max-list! The international fee is charged if the buyers registered address or shipping address is international. If they are using a domestic registered address and having it shipped domestically then that would negate the international fee. You can go here to learn more!

velvet@ebay  That page only explained when they charge the fee.

So are you saying that they're actually in a different country, but "using a domestic registered address (as it says on their home page, "based in the US") and having it shipped domestically"?

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@friskya wrote:

Uh, not really. "If they are using a domestic registered address and having it shipped domestically then that would negate the international fee." Why would it be an international sale? Nothing international about it.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@max-list ,

It says "My note:" so I believe that means that you, the seller added that note to the transaction.

Why did you think that the buyer was international? It appears that you were mistaken, at any rate, the transaction wasn't subject to the international fee.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@max-list ,

It says "My note:" so I believe that means that you, the seller added that note to the transaction.

Why did you think that the buyer was international? It appears that you were mistaken, at any rate, the transaction wasn't subject to the international fee.

@lacemaker3  I didn't add that note. I only ship international to Canada and ebay adds that exact "note" to all of those transactions. Nothing different than this one, except all the other ones had the international fee.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@max-list wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@max-list wrote:

So are you saying that they're actually in a different country, but "using a domestic registered address (as it says on their home page, "based in the US") and having it shipped domestically"?

@max-list I shared that page with you because it explains when we charge the fee. I can't give you details about someone else's account but given what you shared here, and the fact you weren't charged that fee, we can infer that the registered address and shipping address are both domestic. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@max-list wrote:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I am not sure what you wrote is correct.

If they are registered out of country it does not mater if they ship domestically: the fee is charged.

"The buyer's registered address is outside the US (regardless of the delivery address for the item)"

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@max-list wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@max-list wrote:

@max-list I shared that page with you because it explains when we charge the fee. I can't give you details about someone else's account but given what you shared here, and the fact you weren't charged that fee, we can infer that the registered address and shipping address are both domestic. 

velvet@ebay  If my question was "why are they charging me an international fee" that page would have answered it. But it didn't explain why "using a domestic registered address and having it shipped domestically" like you said, is considered an international sale.

And you misunderstood me. I don't want any details about someone else's account. It was a hypothetical question. Let's take this sale out of the picture.

I'm in the US. Can I open an Ebay account with a French registered address and ship to an address in France and that's considered an international sale with no fee? And my home page would show "Based in France" even thought I'm in the US, thus making it an "international sale"?

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@friskya wrote:

@friskya  Seems like you understand it, I don't. So if they're in a different country, they can register with a US address and when they buy something it's considered an "international sale"?

Message 15 of 32
latest reply