cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping

I bought a stove and seller charged shipping. I paid for item + shipping now the seller is trying to charge me more for shipping. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipping

Seller can not charge more than what was in the listing unless you requested a service not listed.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipping

Could be your seller got the shipping amount wrong and now sees it will cost way more to ship. As stated they can't ask for more money.  They can refuse to ship but, if your asked to cancel the sale,  DON'T.  They still have to refund in full no matter what.  If you cancel, they get out of paying the selling fees.

Don't even reply to their messages.  You did your part, paid. It's there problem now.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipping

Hey @dawnmtomes . As others explained, a buyer cannot be forced to pay additional shipping after the fact. The seller made an error so they're supposed to ship and suck up the $ loss, or they can cancel the order as out of stock and take the account defect.

It's possible the seller will refuse to ship and refuse to cancel. If that happens you'll need to file a non-receipt claim after the latest estimated delivery date. Instructions on how to do that can be found here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping

@dawnmtomes wrote:

now the seller is trying to charge me more for shipping. 

That is against ebay policy and sellers are not "allowed" to do that.

BUT

If you just have to have this stove and you are worried the seller will back out...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree I think this is happening to be one time with the seller that was a few years ago. Hope it gets worked out. 🤗

Message 6 of 6
latest reply