cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping - seller forgot to mark item as shipped. I have rec'd the item without defects or damages.

Mistakenly posted on another forum on this site.

If a seller forgets to mark the item as shipped, but I (the buyer) can confirm that the item was received on time and without damage or defect, will this lead to problems on either side? It is now way past the usual handling time of that seller.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shipping - seller forgot to mark item as shipped. I have rec'd the item without defects or damages.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me, and I had the same worries.

There were also times where I would have a great transaction with a good seller and I'd get an automated "we apologise you had a problem with your order and want to make it right" message because a Bay bot somehow thought my messages to a seller thanking them for great service were somehow a conversation dealing with a problem.

I'd sweat it out hoping the seller wasn't getting a ding because of an AI mistake. Apparently it was a glitch, but hey - I cared about it.

There are good buyers out there... We get a bad rap too.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

The only problem is that eBay will not recognize this as an "on time" shipment when assessing the seller's performance.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Thanks. Looks like my seller can only hope that he does not make more such goof-ups as this - as eBay apparently view this quite seriously in reference to performance measurements...

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

A related question: If the seller, had only marked the item as shipped in a late manner, but the item arrived on time, will my feedback and my statement that the item was received on time and in good condition do anything to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

if you have the item than I am not sure of your problem

most buyers do not care about an item being marked shipped if they have the item

tracking is way more important than marking an item shipped

I have never marked an item as shipped and I have shipped over 35000 items thru ebay shipping

please explain what you are concerned about?

@joeltancl 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@joeltancl wrote:

A related question: If the seller, had only marked the item as shipped in a late manner, but the item arrived on time, will my feedback and my statement that the item was received on time and in good condition do anything to solve the problem?

Thanks.

What problem?

You received your item in good condition, so there's nothing to solve.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I understand the OP's problem. He doesn't want to see the seller be dinged.

Its  nice that  they see it that way, too. I would do the same.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

And furthermore, a lot of sellers here complain about buyers not understanding and in general being pains... Here is one proving that's not always true.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@spark-chaser1 yes that is what I am concerned about... I have the item, and in case the powers that be want to go after the seller I would like to be prepared to set the record straight - I have the item and I am prepared to give evidence that it was received on time and in good condition, with no defects. In any case, thanks to the others. I have no problem on my side but hearing so many horror stories on the sellers' side I would like to see that any allegations directed against them as regards my transactions with them be quashed once and for all.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I have had the exact same thing happen to me, and I had the same worries.

There were also times where I would have a great transaction with a good seller and I'd get an automated "we apologise you had a problem with your order and want to make it right" message because a Bay bot somehow thought my messages to a seller thanking them for great service were somehow a conversation dealing with a problem.

I'd sweat it out hoping the seller wasn't getting a ding because of an AI mistake. Apparently it was a glitch, but hey - I cared about it.

There are good buyers out there... We get a bad rap too.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@joeltancl wrote: ...  in case the powers that be want to go after the seller I would like to be prepared to set the record straight ....

There's noting you can do.  The evaluation of a seller's on-time shipping rate is entirely automatic.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

To @nobody*s_perfect, that is sad to hear but at least I thought of it and if there ever were anything I could do I would have done it.

To @spark-chaser1, yes - fair dealing goes both ways. Just as each party has his right to remedies in case things don't go according to plan for fault of one or the other, where nothing has gone wrong or what has happened is neither side's fault each should also be entitled to protection from unjustified allegations by buyer or seller or worse the platform itself.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@spark-chaser1 wrote:

I understand the OP's problem. He doesn't want to see the seller be dinged.

Its  nice that  they see it that way, too. I would do the same.

There's nothing the OP can do about the seller getting dinged.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Right on... United we stand, divided we fall. Too many people are polarizing and not seeing the overall picture.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Thank you to all. I gave the original subject the thought but seeing that I cannot do anything I think the purpose of this thread has run its course.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply