cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping rates calculation

Guys - if I opt out of this, I’m assuming buyers will still see a higher rate that currently exists and I’ll still get a discounted shipping rate right? Hence it would make my listings less competitive but perhaps more profitable?

We’re reaching out to let you know that, starting May 15, your listings that display calculated shipping will default to showing eBay Labels discounted shipping rates. The new default rates will apply to all of your active and future listings that offer calculated shipping; listings with free or flat rate shipping won’t be affected.
We’re making this change to help your listings attract more buyers by offering a lower shipping cost. To get the discounted rate that will be displayed on your listings, make sure to purchase your shipping labels through eBay Labels.
If you want to opt out of this change, just let us know here by May 13 and we won’t make any changes to your current shipping rates. You can also switch back to showing standard rates at any time after May 15 through your shipping discount settings.
Please note that this change will only apply to sellers receiving this email.
Thanks for being part of the eBay community.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping rates calculation

I suggest checking out the discussion linked in my signature below @iodlee , but essentially the answer to your questions is yes.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply