cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping issue with buyer

I have a question about a problem I'm having with a buyer. He purchased a 179$ chain from me I gave it to him for 150 and because it is the holiday gave him a free $30 Cross to go with it for his grandfather. He paid for the shipping and I purchased the label through Ebay which I can only get when I pay for it. For some reason the post office said it was out for delivery then they said it was unable to be delivered and available for pickup but there was a extra $5 charge. I don't understand what happened but for this inconvenience to the buyer I paid the extra $5 and refunded the rest of the shipping he paid. Now he is threatening me dozens of messages one after another it's getting insane. Now he is saying he refuses to pick up the item after I refunded shipping and yesterday he said he already picked it up. He lied saying post office was 50 miles away I checked on Google it was not even 5 miles away and only 5 minute drive. If after all of this with the refund if he now refuses to pick up the item that is available to him am I going to be on the hook for a refund? That is if he really didn't pick it up I'm not sure what to believe from him but he is threatening me with lawyers and everything over a $5 shipping mistake that wasn't my fault that I ended up paying him for. I spoke to customer service and they said don't respond to him anymore and see what he does. But that doesn't ease my concern of having to refund him for something he refuses to get that is available for him. So what happens now? Thanks for any help 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: What happens if buyer doesn't pick-up the item?

@bigjsa-44 

Please start your own thread. This thread is old and will be locked by the moderators. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't know how to I can't figure out how to start a new thread I don't know if it is because I'm using a phone and the app instead of PC. I have clicked on every option available and none of them are for starting a new conversation so I'm at a loss. I don't have a PC and I'm horrible with technology if you could possibly explain how to do it I would really appreciate it thanks 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@bigjsa-44 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/shipping-returns-db

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you go to the link posted above (main shipping forum page) there is a button to start a new thread. In the future you can click on that.

In the meantime, I asked the moderator to split off your existing question into a new thread so you can get the help you're looking for. So now you have your own thread - no need to start a new one for this question.

Since this all happened 2 months ago @bigjsa-44 do you still need assistance? I assume by now the buyer picked up the item and if not the post office would have returned it to you. If you still need help come back and let us know what your question is.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply