cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping fees ~ ??

frazzedmom
Trailblazer

I used to sell quite a bit, nowadays it's just here & there. Normally my eBay fees are just a couple bucks each month. This month however, my invoice was $15.62, about $13 for "shipping fees"..... is this something new?? I've never had an invoice this high for the piddly little items that I sell 😄  June my sales were just under $30.

If your gecko is broken, you have a reptile dysfunction.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Shipping fees ~ ??

Did you ship anything by FedEx?

Shipping fees for U S Mail come out of Paypal typically. But FedEx is charged directly to eBay. Assuming you charged your custom for shipping that money is against that customer charge. It is not in fact an "eBay fee".

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

@richard1rst wrote:

Shipping fees for U S Mail come out of Paypal typically.

I believe if the USPS Automated Package Verification charges a seller for underpaying, the charge will be on the eBay bill.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

Could it be final value fee on shipping?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

@orangehound wrote:

@richard1rst wrote:

Shipping fees for U S Mail come out of Paypal typically.

I believe if the USPS Automated Package Verification charges a seller for underpaying, the charge will be on the eBay bill.

That is also a possibility. Yes, any undercharges will show up on eBay, not Paypal. Conversely, any overpayment will show on eBay as a credit. (Yes, if you overpay you will get a refund. They are at least even handed in that regard).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

No, I've never gotten that charge before, I've had "Final Value Fees" show on each month's invoice, which is to be expected, but this is the 1st time I've had "Shipping Fees" appear..... I think I'll be done with eBay, will continue to buy, but the more I'm reading, many sellers are leaving. It just isn't the venue it used to be., sadly.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

Nope. My items are not heavy/bulky enough to warrant a trip to FedEx or UPS. I always use USPS.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

Did any buyers file a request to return a purchased item?  Depending on a reason for the return, you may be charged for the return shipping.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Shipping fees ~ ??

Not exactly sure which fees you're talking about.

But eBay has charged their final value fee on BOTH the price of the item and price of shipping for about 10 or so years now.  

This is just a guess here, but it looks like you offer free shipping on a lot of your listings.

Presumably you've rolled the shipping fee into the cost of the item.

To be clear:  eBay charges their final value fee on the item price AND the shipping fee and, in most categories, it's 10%.

Example:

You have a widget listed for $15 plus $5 shipping.  I buy it.  I pay you $20.  Your final value fee on this transaction is $2 = 10% of the $20 I paid you.

You have another widget listed for $5 with $15 shipping.  I buy it.  I pay you $20.  Your final value fee on that transaction is $2 = 10% of the $20 I paid you.

You have yet another widget listed for $20 with free shipping.  I buy it.  I pay you $20.  Your final value fee on that transaction is $2 = 10% of the $20 I paid you.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply