cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping costs

eBay was going to charge me $170 to ship one Fairway wood to Hawaii. Package weighs under 2 pounds.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipping costs

It comes down to box size for that club @jabis_7304 . Long packages are hit with surcharges.

Why did you charge a flat $20 for Priority without knowing what shipping would cost upfront?

Can you safely ship in a smaller box?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipping costs

You must have entered  some kind of wrong info to get that price.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipping costs

unless that club is longer than standard, you should recalculate and get the right size box. also, take a minute and review shipping "ins and outs"

it can be a profit center or a bottomless pit

too many sellers treat it as an afterthought.....

Dimensions
45 in. x 4 in. x 4 in.
Weight
2 lbs. 0 oz

New York to Hawaii

USPS Priority Mail
1-4 business days
$31.17 (-13%)
$36.05
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping costs

@jabis_7304 wrote:

eBay was going to charge me $170 to ship one Fairway wood to Hawaii. Package weighs under 2 pounds.

We can probably help if you provide specific package dimensions and the service used (e.g., Priority Mail?).

As noted in another post, there are surcharges for longer packages (over 22 inches) and for packages over 1 cubic foot; just one inch difference can have a big impact on cost, but I don't see how it could reach $170.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping costs

@jabis_7304 wrote:

In addition to all of the above perfectly accurate comments, there is a matter of terminology. eBay did not charge you $170.00. The Post Office charged you that. Your argument, if any, is with them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply