cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Requirments

I have a question!!! I have sold a lot of my Tupperware here on Ebay. It is great other than the fact that paypal holds all the money until the buyer gets the items. It would be great if they released the shipping for us. Anyway is it actually e that once an item is paid for it must be to the post office within 3 days? I work in the healthcare field and have been working doubles for a few weeks now. I messaged all of my buyers and let them know that I have Tuesday morning off and I would be heading to the post office Tuesday morning because I am only working nights that day. All of my buyers were cool with the situation, and I also put free gifts in every sale. 1 customer was not happy and sent me a message telling me she should have received the package today and she is upset. She would like the package mailed on Monday seeing she didn't get it when she was suppose to. I have now figured out how to print shipping labels here on Ebay so it makes it easier! Is she accurate that I should have made sure the package was delivered to her by yesterday? Is it ok to message buyers and let them know the situation and inform them when packages will be sent out? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping Requirments

You need to specify in your listing, under shipping, you handling times. You can also mention it in your description. However, some buyers will always be unhappy that they didn't get their item yesterday. But as long as you ship within your handling time, eBay will not penalize you. Nothing to stop the buyers from complaining and leaving neg feedback though.  I list with 2-3 days handling time, and always try to ship the next business day, but most of my items are small enough that I can leave for my carrier to pick up. Most larger Post Office with PO boxes in their lobbies have package drop off bins and are open 24hrs.

Shipping Requirments

@jaime-tupperwarelady 

You need to be shipping within your handling time.

If buyers don't have their items by the estimated delivery date Ebay gave them, then can file an INR.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Requirments

" is it actually e that once an item is paid for it must be to the post office within 3 days?"

It must be at the Post Office within whatever handling time is set up in the listing.

When you set up a listing, you have to choose a handling time. It's measured in business days, so if you ship just once per week then you should set it at 5 days.  If you are using the simple listing form and that's not an option, then you'll have to switch to the Advanced listing form (AKA the business tool).

IIRC the default handling time is 1 day, which means that a seller should have the package at the PO on the next business day after they are paid.  eBay always shows buyers their estimated delivery date(s). So yes it's possible that eBay told your buyer a date that was sooner than you shipped.  eBay probably already considers your package to be late, so IMHO you shouldn't worry about getting it to the PO on Monday.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Requirments

All you need to print labels is a printer (obviously), a scale (I recomend these and they can be purchased here on eBay https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ultraship35&docid=608033679996421224&mid=26F28A8172F2C52100D026...) , and a simple tape measure if your boxes are over 1 cubic foot. 

I don't know what your area is like but in most areas you can get free carrier pick-up from USPS. I recomend either catching your mail carrier or talking to your Postmaster. 

I'm a rural mail carrier and my customers leave packages at or in their mailboxes or leave me a note that there are outgoing packages on the porch or at another location on the property to be picked up.  In some areas you will need to schedule a pick-up on-line.  (if you have multible boxes you should print a scan form  which puts all the information directly into the system). 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Requirments

You are 100% correct regarding the INR and this forum is full of stories of sellers who have been taken advantage of by the eBay delivery date. Buyers open an INR if the package is 1 day past the date of delivery even though the package is still showing in transit. Since the package has not been delivered eBay refunds the buyers money and the buyer eventually receives the shipment. They now have their money back and your item. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping Requirments

You need to read the posts about the INR cases, eBay refunding buyers because of delayed shipments and sellers bearing the loss of their items and their cash. Because of the MBG eBay CAN and IS penalizing sellers for late shipments that may or may not be because any action the seller has taken. Neither the seller or eBay has any control over the item once it is in shipping channels. There is no guaranteed delivery but eBay is treating it like it is. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply