cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Costs Since Change

I have a 2 lb item to ship (dim is under the new 12x12x12), I am in NY, if a person on the west coast purchases can you still ship USPS Ground ? or is Fedex surepost the cheaper way to ship ?

Is there any other options? I see people selling my item for free shipping, I don't understand how they can do this on a low priced item that weighs 2 lbs and not lose money

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you can ship that package via USPS Priority Mail, Retail Ground, or Parcel Select Ground.  The prices are very similar (an online label for Priority Mail would cost only 30 cents more than Parcel Select Ground), so you'll probably want to use Priority. FeEx uses dimensional weight for all packages, so the price depends on your package dimensions.

You can do a price check here, choosing a carrier and choosing whether to show retail or online prices:

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There are ways to use priority to your advantage, especially in a far zone. Use flat rate envelopes, padded or legal size (my fav). For something over 2 lbs use Regional rate A box.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply