cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Cost

Any advice on how to handle the shipping cost would be greatly appreciated. I sometimes short myself when having the buyer pay for shipping. I seem to end up paying a little more than the calculated rate that is shown to buyer. I’ve measured and weigh about as best as I can, and it shows the lowest to highest rates. I don’t know what a buyer pays in shipping until after a sell. But, a few times, I’ve had to pay more when I take it to the post office and lose money on sales, or maybe break even.  Should I add a pound or 2 for weight? Also, does eBay take into account how far a package travels? It’s been almost ten years since I’ve sold on eBay and there’s a lot of change and I know shipping rates have gone up, but I’m missing something here. 
thank you for any advice. I hope this makes sense. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping Cost

Make sure you are not passing on your eBay shipping savings to your buyer. Basically make sure you're charging them retail rates instead of commercial rates. There's a setting for that and I heard that they are automatically selecting charging the buyer cheaper commercial rates on new accounts. Also always buy your labels on eBay. Don't purchase postage from the post office or you're paying way too much.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Cost

Your listings are set up to charge buyers discounted online/commercial shipping rates @christinegr10 so if you're buying labels at the retail counter you will always pay more.

Go to this page and change your settings. Where it says offer carrier specific discounts to buyers, make sure that's turned off.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Cost

Thank you so much! Now I do recall seeing discounts on shipping before. Obviously, I didn’t pay too much attention. Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Cost

Thank you! I have noticed the labels and I’ve should have looked more into them. Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply