cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Change

I have accepted an offer from a Buyer who is now asking if I can ship the item to Hong Kong. I have never done international shipping. My list was listed for shipment in the U.S. I do not know how to proceed with this request -  how to change the shipping destination on my item & how to calculate the buyer shipping cost. Also, the item is a Pre WWII Bayonet with Scabbard & Frog. Thus, I need to know if this item can be shipped out of the U.S.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping Change

I looked at your listings and it shows you ship to the United States. I personally would explain to the buyer that you do not ship outside the 50 states, and cancel the order based on “seller’s address problem” I don’t know the laws on that type of item, but I don’t think I would want to be shipping it . Good luck. 

I just found this in a Google search..

Can you ship a sword internationally?

Swords and bladed weapons are restricted in some countries, states, regions. If you are not sure about law in your country, ask your customs office for a permission to import sword. Customer accepts ALL responsibility with complying with their country's custom laws.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Change

Some of your items are showing that you ebay international shipping but since they will not ship any type of weapon, that is probably why there is no shipping cost shown to them for that item.   If you are interested in shipping the item directly without going through ebay, there are many items that ebay restricts that are not restricted (or caught) if you ship directly, but I wouldn't ship a bayonet to another country.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Change

Thank you so much for your time and information.  I had about decide not to go forward with the sell. I just didn't feel comfortable.  Your input helped me definitely make that decision.  Many many thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping Change

Thank you for your time and information.  I had about decided not to go any further with the sale. Your input and information definitely helped me.

Many thanks

Message 5 of 5
latest reply