cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped Package in limbo land at USPS

I shipped a first class package to a customer within the USA on 5/22/19.  Tracking shows last scan on May 27, "In Transit, Arriving Late".

Buyer filed an INR claim this week, and after my checking with the postal service with no results as to where the package may be, I refunded the buyer in full today.

Has anyone ever had their lost shipment show up somewhere  eventually??  This is not an international shipment.  It is almost a month since the item was shipped.

Just makes me angry that the item shows shipped, and in transit, yet the post office does little to nothing to try and find it.  The first response I received was "No, it has not arrived yet, but when it does we will be sure it is delivered".  My response was "The item has not been scanned since May 27, would you please check into this and find out where the package is?"  So they claim they will email prior scan sites to see if they know anything.  That was two days ago.  I inquired today, and nothing has happened. It is their fault, yet because it is a first class package, the cost to ship it and the purchase price will not be refunded.

Just another sock it to the seller moment, this time by the post office.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes a long overdue package may eventually be delivered

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Yes a long overdue package may eventually be delivered

I agree, and I myself have not lost one within the U.S., although this much time gone by without any sighting at all makes the odds against finding it longer every day. I think if I had a buyer sending me a message like that, I could probably buy myself another week of waiting with a polite and concerned reply saying that I'm watching it closely, and if it hasn't appeared within one more week, I'd refund at that time. Plan to do so as promised if that happens. 

You can also go to usps.com and subscribe to text or emailed updates whenever there is a new sighting on-line. (You find the signup for that in the tracking results page for that item.) Don't get false hopes about somehow getting the package un-lost or "un-stuck" this way; you are only setting a notification flag in the tracking record in the database, but what it does mean is that you'll receive an immediate notification when it resurfaces. I like having my packages report to me, rather than having to go off and look for them if a buyer's getting concerned.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have had a package "found" (on the floor of my own post office) after I inquired and an email was sent by the main office.  So it can possibly help.  Doesn't mean it will definitely find it.  I ship several thousand packages a year and have had exactly one go missing and not be found in the last 7-8 years. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply