cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a 100 pound return, eBay tracking shows I didn't. HELP!

Hi guys,

So recently I bought 10 64gb SD cards, and they all turned out to be fake. I told the seller, he firstly wanted me to pay return postage and lied on so many levels, too. Not a good one, in my books. 

Then, he got eBay involved, but I won the case and they provided a label. It's worth a good 100 pounds, btw. So I sent the cards back, with the eBay label, but I did not get a message like 'track your return', and when I go on the case, it's still showing as I have not even sent it yet. In a day or two, the return will close automatically and I will lose that money, even though I returned it. Please, someone help!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

How did they ship? 100 pounds is too much for Priority. If you have the tracking number I would go to the po you shipped it from and see if they can locate it.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I used the label eBay gave me, which I think is RM 48hrs. I will have a look into it, thank you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

What does RM say at their website about your return tracking number?

After you print the eBay return label --

you may still need to click the Add your tracking details button:https://s11.postimg.org/miinxeler/image.jpgYou know you're on the US boards, right?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

How did they ship? 100 pounds is too much for Priority. If you have the tracking number I would go to the po you shipped it from and see if they can locate it.

He is referring to the amount of money he paid for the cards. UK.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

He is talking British monetary pounds not 100# weight.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Most Royal Mail does not have tracking. It's way too expensive. I think tracking starts at $8 in addition to postage.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@techtrends_uk wrote:

I used the label eBay gave me, which I think is RM 48hrs.

Jun 7, 2017 - Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48 are parcel services you and your customers can trust. Not only will you always know where your parcels are,

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If this was an international transaction, eBay-supplied return labels do not function. Or does eBay in the UK actually provide return labels with international postage, Customs form and tracking? I doubt it.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@midohioimports wrote:

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

He is referring to the amount of money he paid for the cards. UK.

Lol, missed that. Regardless, hes going to have to talk to his mail service to find out what happened.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

If the seller doesn't refund you, you need to open a case on Paypal, if that doesn't work, you need to contact your debit/credit card and initiate a chargeback. Explain how you've already returned the item.
Your credit card should be on your side.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@ooak-tammy wrote:
If the seller doesn't refund you, you need to open a case on Paypal, if that doesn't work, you need to contact your debit/credit card and initiate a chargeback. Explain how you've already returned the item.
Your credit card should be on your side.

Actually no. It's an eBay issued label so without proof of delivery OP is not liable (and Trinton has confirmed this before) and can still get a refund through eBay. And without proof of delivery, he would lose a PayPal case. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 12
latest reply