cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller is asking for more money for shipping.

I bought this item on June 16th. After many e-mails with the seller, he is not willing to send me the item because he needs more money for shipping cost despite of his publication states it is free shipping and it is still active offering others buyers the same free shipping.

I have explained that it is against Ebay's policies but he insists in not to send the item. He insists that if I want the item I have to pay more.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html (Guidelines / Free Shipping)
'For a destination with free shipping, no other fees related to shipping, handling, or packaging can be charged.'
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html (Avoiding eBay fees/What are the guidelines/Offering or requiring additional purchases) ' You can't offer or require the buyer to:Pay an amount beyond the final price'

I have already reported this item because it is violating Ebay's rules,  What should I do next? the delivery is estimated between Fri. Jul. 7 and Wed. Jul. 26

Do I have to wait until the last estimated deliver day ends to go to resolution center? what do you suggest?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm not sure how you even had free shipping.  It shows shipping cost at 1.99.  It shows you purchased on the 17th  the last revision of postage terms was the 15th before you bought

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your reply,

when you go to 'shipping and handling' section, choose your country and click ' Get rates'  its shows Free shipping,. Although it would have been $ 1.99, why the seller now wants to charge AUD 10.00

mini.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ok I was going. By your id that said You were in The us

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sometimes I send to US others to Peru, I have two delivery address, that is why I choose carefully the country and click " Get Rates" in order to confirm shipping charges.

I believe also that people who wants to send gifts to their relatives can send items to other country than their profiles.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes you can have it shipped elsewhere I was just meaning I had based my original response on your location.  

Anyhow ow there is no way to force the seller to send the item to you.  If you don't receive it after the estimated delivery date you can file for your money back 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply