cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller from Excluded Country Purchased Items

I recently have had a seller from an excluded country (China) purchase Chinese antiques from me. I am under the belief that it is against Chinese repatriation laws to import or export Chinese items made before 1912 and they will be seized by customs.  The two items the buyer purchased were made right around that time, so I am weary they will be seized if they are determined to be made before 1912. 

I can't try to cancel the order without facing the possibility of negative feedback and loss of FVF. The buyer hasn't paid yet and I am hoping he doesn't so I can file a UPA claim so that even if he leaves negative feedback, it can be removed.

My gripe isn't so much with the buyer, but with eBay forcing me to ship an item that may be seized in customs such that I will lose the item and the payment if goes to an item not received claim. 

Any thoughts here?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

He may have a US shipping address. Do you have non-US currency blocked in Paypal? Unless he's paying in USD he won't be able to pay if you do.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No US shipping address. I already asked. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can cancel the sale with buyer address being a problem.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks. Can the buyer still leave negative feedback? If so, will eBay remove it?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The buyer won't be able to pay since there is no specified shipping cost for China.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply