cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancelled order by lying about shipping problems

I recently won an auction on ebay and paid immediately.
After several days I noticed that the item wasn't shipped.

I contacted the chinese seller asking him what was the issue.

His answer was: "I'm sorry we didn't deliver the goods in time. That's because we communicate with the post office for several days, until today, the post office has formally reply, the parcel can't reach your country, I am very sorry, after I cancel transaction and refund to you, would you agree?"

I emailed him that his claiming was pure lie because:
1. From Jun 20, 2013, I have been using the same home adress, the same email adress and the same

contact telephone number for buying more than a thousand items worldwide.
2.The problem isn't China post, than low item price and the high shipping costs.
3. How to explain the situation that he is able to sent the item to my country if a buyer pays shipping

costs? I ilustrated it by the photo.
4. How to explain that he still offers the items with free shipping to my country!

I ilustrated it by the photo too..
5. I declined his refundation.
6. I send him a photo of ebay's page with items these I bought (and got) from a seller from his town.

Than I was waiting him to shipp the item or email me, but he didn't.
After 7 days I gave him a negative FB.

After all, I got the information from ebay that the seller "canceled your order and mentioned the reason as Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address."

I am disappointed by ebay: they beleived to his claims (and canceled the order) witout checking them.

So, the seller has refunded my order because the item price was too low, and not because of problems on relations between China post and my country post or issues with my address !

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Many sellers are lying these days to get around the defect system. They will get a defect for cancelling for any reason they can't put off on you.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What was the item that you purchased?  Have you purchased it in the past and had it imported to your Country? 

The reason I ask is that dependent on the Country, some items cannot be imported.  Your seller could be not telling the truth and then again, he could be telling the truth.  There are items that I know of certain countries cannot be imported, therefore, I will not ship to that item to that country.   I always try to check prior to listing items.  You should check what item(s) can be imported to your Country.  So maybe your seller did not "lie."

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

He did lie because I already got 2 such items (from the different chinese sellers) without an issue. Problem is a small item price that I achieved by bidding, in compare to the price he sells such items.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are many sellers still weary [sic] of non-delivery after arrival at your borders?

"All of us from Bosnia and Herzegovina have a problem with shipping/delivery to our country 

Nothing arrives, we all wait a lot of packages

some buyers from here are facing with suspensions of their accounts since they have to open a lot of cases"

http://community.ebay.com/t5/herz/myangina/m-p/23905142

https://community.ebay.com/t5/herz/somuch/m-p/26359173

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Some issues between China Post and B&H Post were taken place two years ago.
It lasted about 1 – 2 months. 
From that time, I have gotten a lot of different items from China.
In that time, this selller was’t on ebay at all, so he wasn’t affected by this problem.
Even if he was then on ebay, and he was being concernend about shipping, why he didn’t yust exclude  B&H from his list?
The real problem is a small item price that I achieved by bidding, in compare to the price he sells such items.
By the way, it is an ordinary, woden vase holder (not ancient or so) and the seller did lie, because I already got 2 such items (from the different chinese sellers) without any issue.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

They lied.  That is very frustrating.

Did you get your money back?  You indicated it wasn't a special item you were purchasing.   

Move on.  Purchasing anything from China is always a risk.  You take a chance.  I have always been fortunate, but there is no guarantee.

It's not personal.  They are not trying to 'get' you.  Let it go.  Leave calm factual feedback.  If you leave feedback in the same tone as your first message, people won't take it seriously.

Best of luck in all your future purchases.  🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

My money was refunded, but stays bitter feeling that I was let down by ebay who believed to seller's claims witout any check.
Seller's problems wasn't "...the parcel can't reach your country..." or "...Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address...", than the fact that I had won the item by bidding for total price of GBP 3.20.
Seller's cheapest, smaller and not so beautiful and high-quality similar vase holder costs GBP 9.30 + shipping GBP 2.40.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply