cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWITCHED FROM QR CODE TO PRINTED LABEL

I had chosen a QR code to mail an item to a buyer, then sent a copy of that QR code to a friend who is packing and mailing the item for me since I'm out of town.  He wanted a printable label instead so he could drop off the package without having to wait in line to be served by an employee at the USPS counter.  So I printed a label.  Will eBay charge me twice for shipping since I purchased a QR code, didn't use it, then printed a label (and used the label).

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

SWITCHED FROM QR CODE TO PRINTED LABEL

It depends @seahorse1340 .

When you initially generated the label, did you choose the option to generate both a QR code and a label? If so, and all you did was reprint the label and not purchase a new label then you're fine.

But if you purchased a new label, you will have to void the one attached to the QR code.

You will be able to tell for sure by checking your shipping labels page and seeing whether there are 1 or 2 labels tied to that transaction. More info below.

-----

To reprint a label purchased through eBay (or download a copy of a QR code through the reprint function), go to this page, find the order and select Reprint from the Actions drop-down. The reprint option is available for 7 days.

To void a shipping label purchased through eBay, go to this page, find the order and select Void from the Actions drop-down. The void option is available for 5 days.

It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification.

Printed eBay Standard Envelope labels are non-refundable and cannot be voided.

eBay International Standard Delivery labels are not charged to your account until they are used, so there is no void option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply