cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING Why are we paying fee's on priority mail set rate mail prices

Why are we paying fee's on USPS PRIORITY MAIL SET RATE PACKAGES  we can  not change the rate to scam ebay nor lower the cost lower  we can not  lower the price of the item to over charge in shipping   ( priority mail is pre set with their boxes ) !!!!! seems EBAY IS SCAMMING US !!!!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't understand your question. eBay charges a fee on the total purchase including shipping and handling.  They charge a fee on the item cost when the auction ends. They charge a fee on the shipping & handling when the buyer pays.

The reason they wait to charge the fee on shipping & handling is  some listings offer more than one shipping option or the seller might combine shipping so eBay waits to see what the buyer paid for shipping before they figure the shipping percentage.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay has been charging a FVF on all separate shipping fees since 2011 - including Priority Flat Rate shipping.    And technically when you offer "free shipping" & have embedded  your shipping & handling into you item selling price you are doing the same.

You can charge any amount you like (e.g. USPS retail price or commercial rate, etc.) in your shipping and handling charge you customer pays.

No Scam by eBay - maybe you just don't agree with eBay's policy.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The only recent change is that also now charge a fee on the sales tax and are slow in payment

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

To add, eBay has been charging fee on shipping because too many dishonest sellers were trying to cheat the fee system by selling an item for 1 cent with $1,000 shipping (fee would have been 0.1 of a cent) so eBay changed to include shipping fee. Now seller would have paid about $100 fee total in the above example.

Fee avoidance has been against the rule for about as long as I can remember but too many people still cheat anyway.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm glad y'all could figure that out...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 7
latest reply