cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned item with ebay RMA label and seller never received it.

This was for a $10 item that was a malfunctioning item, but anyway I setup the return for it.  Ebay sent me a label, which I attached and sent it back the very same day.  Now ebay has closed the case because they show the seller never received it.  **bleep**??  It was also an item that was removed from their site, maybe due to something that is not allowed to be sold or some othewr violation. 

Under listing it states in My Purchases, it states:

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

But I already completed the transaction and sent it back.  I CAN'T look up the printed label they gave me nor anything else on the case, I cant dispute it either as there is no way of contacting ebay by email or direct messaging online.  When I try to search for this information, the website is the worst when trying to get answers to stuff.  I don't have time to sit on hold with customer service either, nor do I feel the need to "talk" to someone either.  I just want to be able to send ebay a message direct and resolve this issue or have them provide me with the tracking number of the return label so I can find out what the issue is with the return if maybe it got hung up during shipping.  But I don't even have that information.  Ebay has seriously gone downhill with customer service, not everyone likes talking on phones.  Why did ebay take away the ability to contact them online??  Most other companies have that capability, even Amazon.

Anyone able figure out what is going on with this or any other eway to resolve it?

"Ebay promotions are like drugs, the first one is free..... then they try to get you hooked on the FEES!"
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Returned item with ebay RMA label and seller never received it.

@jamvanunlimited,

eBay doesn't pull items for just any reason, and the message you received, that they had done so, should have been a warning that you were dealing with a scammer. Because of that you should have kept a record of the tracking number, and/or printed out a duplicate label for your records, so you could follow the information.  I haven't had to return anything for a few years, but when I did, I made sure to keep track of the return tracking.  I also double checked the return label address against the return address on the package I received.

One thing you might try, is to go to the message/link for the return label, and see if it will open again.  If it does copy down the tracking number and check it, to see what the package status is. 

ebay should have a record of the label you received, but the only way you will find that out is to Call them.  You may have to wait in line for your call to be taken, but if you want any resolution at all, you will have to sacrifice that time.  Ask the rep if they can pull up the info and give you the tracking number, if you reach a U.S. based rep, they might be able to track it, unless the seller is from another country.    

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply