cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return on an item that is 'Like New' but buyer says is not.

Hello everyone,

I was recently able to sell a video game of mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302441820861?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

After a few days the buyer opened a return case on me saying that the item did not match the description. Is that true? If yes, then what is your opinion on the subject? If no, then why did he do that?

Please reply to me as I clearly know the item has no scratches or marks on it since I always keep my video games stored safely and I did check the item many times before sending it. Did I miss something on the definition of 'Like New'?

Secondly, I am unable to contact EBay about it since they are really tough to get a hold on. They only provide me with FAQs and I can not contact them via live chat or a simple phone call. How can I go about that?

Hope to hear some legit solid advice from all the people around here!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Doesn't matter what you think is 'fair', or 'right'.

A buyer opens a SNAD case, eBay sides with them 99.99% of the time.

If you want it back, you will have to pay return shipping, then issue a full refund as soon as you get it back.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Unless you can get the buyer to admit its remorse, you have no choice but to send return shipping label and refund 100% when you get it back. You're not telling me anything about the buyer so I have to assume the buyer is right. Don't let the case time out! Don't ask eBay to "Step In"! You could try to ask the buyer a few leading questions like "Dear Buyer, Why do you want to return the game I sent you in like new condition?" and see what he says. Sometimes if you give em' enough rope...

I hope you get the same game back.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@happinesscentral

Things are either new or used. "Like new" really means nothing and/or means different things to different people. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

S

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your reply ! So what are you suggesting I would do?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I used to sell a lot of games movies and the only time I could list them as Like New was if I literally opened and watched it, absolutely no damage, shelf wear, even finger prints to be seen. Are you counting the condition of the case? Because if that's the standard jewel box there is no way it's factory fresh after all these years unless it was locked in a vault.

Like new means "just opened" and it's risky. The buyer always wins. It's almost always better to list as VG and mentioned it was only used briefly.

I'm not saying you over-appraised it, but buyers can be very picky. And they always win. Sorry this happened.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply