cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Refund

A buyer claims the item is not as pictured, which is not true. The itek describtion also details, "may or not be in working condition, and Sold As Is.     Why must I accept a return and refund.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Return Refund

@collectable-chris

If the buyer opened an item not as described case, you will need to refund and pay return shipping. It doesn't matter whether you said "may or not be in working condition, and Sold As Is."

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Return Refund

Actually for this type of listing you can win an SNAD--if the correct item condition was chosen and the buyer is complaining about something you DID state in the listing then call customer service and fight the return. However if you chose "used" as the item condition then you make an error and you can't fight the return. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Return Refund

sold as is only means as presented in listing and either item works or doesn't,saying you don't know implies it may work.If buyers issue is anything not detailed in listing you must accept return for refund or ebay will do it for you using your $ and giving you a defect

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Return Refund

@collectable-chris wrote:

A buyer claims the item is not as pictured, which is not true. The itek describtion also details, "may or not be in working condition, and Sold As Is.     Why must I accept a return and refund.

I'm not sure what item you're talking about, but many of your items have a return policy. If it had a return policy and the buyer opened a SNAD claim in eBay, eBay will always force the return and refund. I did find a few items that was listed as "Sold as is", but then it was listed as "New other (see detail)" or "Used" which has VERY specific meaning on eBay. I suggest you read those meanings. 

The best way to protect yourself from fraudulent SNAD claims is to have a "No Returns" policy and list items with the condition of "Parts or Repair Only" (where available). Where that drop down is not available, typically you can leave the condition "blank". That won't stop them entirely, but it will give you a fighting change to win. I wrote about SNAD and how to fight them back in Nov 2016 (on this id). You might want to read that and get some insight from other sellers and how eBay looks at it. Just click on my name name and search for "SNAD" and choose the 2nd one down. Its a long read but it has a lot of information.

Remember the rules:

1. EBay CS Rep's are less then knowledgeable (i.e. don’t trust what they say)
2. Do NOT let a case Timeout
3. Do NOT ask eBay to "Step in" (aka “help you” aka escalate)
4. ALWAYS get the reference number of the phone call, mark down the date and time
5. If the eBay CS Rep claims to have put notes in the case, have them emailed to you.
6. Never escalate a case unless you can get eBay to close it in your favor right then and there.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply