cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund started but item not returned

I sold a Bear recurve bow to a customer in Germany and after it arrived he said it was bent and requested a refund on October 18th through the Ebay Returns.  I accepted the return and  it does not appear that he has shipped the bow.  How long am I expected to wait for him to return it and what can I do if he does not since the return still shows in my Ebay manager.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

once you accept the return, the status of the request will tell you a date by which the customer is supposed to have shipped this back to you.

if that date has passed, and there is no shipping activity shown by the customer, you should simply call ebay support and have them close this return in your favor.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Have you provided the buyer return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Perhaps they decided to keep the bow

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@earthangel222 wrote:

I sold a Bear recurve bow to a customer in Germany and after it arrived he said it was bent and requested a refund on October 18th through the Ebay Returns.  I accepted the return and  it does not appear that he has shipped the bow.  How long am I expected to wait for him to return it and what can I do if he does not since the return still shows in my Ebay manager.

Thanks

Have you sent the buyer the money for the return shipping cost yet?

For an international return, eBay can't provide the buyer with a prepaid return shipping label, but for any not-as-described return like this one, the seller had to pay the return shipping. You are supposed to work with the buyer to determine how much the return shipping costs are, and then send them the money by PayPal.

If you haven't sent the return shipping costs, within the time allowed by eBay for doing this, then the buyer may be able to escalate the case and eBay may refund the buyer and charge it to your account, without requiring the buyer to return the item (because you didn't provide the return shipping).

Message 5 of 5
latest reply