cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Due Date

I had sold some wheel spacers correctly detailing everything about them in the sale post with no returns accepted. About a month after a customer bought the item, he states it's the wrong size and he was mislead, even though that isn't the truth.

He opens a return case and is requesting a partial refund to keep the item. I know the item was sold as described, so I message him asking him to send me picture of the item with the ruler next to it to confirm his claim that I sold him the incorrect size. I've been messaging him nearly every day trying to resolve the issue, but the customer has not responded to any messages.

Now I see a "Refund Due Date" which is 2 days away and still no response. I don't want to issue a refund because I know I sold and shipped the correct item as described. What are my options and what will happen after the refund due date?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Refund Due Date

Open cases must be resolved within 3 days or you'll face a seller defect. It only takes a couple of those for small sellers to get banned from selling on eBay. I would accept the return and pay for return shipping. After all, what good are wheel spacers that are the wrong size (I bet they won't be returned). Do NOT let the case timeout. Do NOT ask eBay to "Step In" (i.e. escalate).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Refund Due Date

@auxive wrote:

He opens a return case 

Now I see a "Refund Due Date" which is 2 days away and still no response. 

What date did this return request start?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply