cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Eyeliner from CS@OrangeConnex.com

I received a package in the mail today of some eyeliner I definitely didn't order. The shipping label says it's a UPS Mail Innovations label with a USPS tracking number. The sender address says it's from Louisville, KY.

After reading through some threads on here, apparently, this company sends little random things to people, most likely in a brushing scam to boost their seller rating. Figured I'd make a new post that they're still sending random stuff to people.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It's more likely the fake tracking number scam.  A seller sends a cheap item to a random address in the buyers zip code.  That is good enough for both eBay and paypal.  The buyer is left to fight the fact it says delivered when it was not.

The "brushing" term may have been invented by media so as not to spread around the fake tracking number scam.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The company is legitimate. It happens to fulfill orders for many diverse items, some of them very inexpensive. Because of this, it is used from time to time by different scammers to generate a tracking number by having an inexpensive item shipped to an address in the same zip code as the buyer. This is known as a fake tracking scam.

Check your recent orders to make sure you are not expecting any orders that have the same tracking number. If so, you will want to file a "not as described" return. If not, the tracking number was not for you, but for someone else in your area.

"Brushing" is somewhat different than the standard eBay "fake tracking" scam. Brushing is used by some sellers to create entirely false orders bought and paid for by the sellers themselves, typically to build up a reputation as a seller, rather than to directly defraud buyers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply