cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about shipping sports cards

HI, 

Can someone tell me what's the quickest and safest way to ship sports cards. In a top loader. I know there is the standard shipping option for cards but what type of envelope? Padded small bubble mailer?  For maximum protection and cheap enough to have tracking info. Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I received many Pokemon cards in a regular envelop and a top loader. Never had any issues. However they were all under 5.00.   A high value card needs a box to be safe.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The quickest and safest, is in a top loader, in a bubble mailer.  However, that will cost $3+.  The eBay Standard Envelope requires that the envelope fit through a 1/4" slot.  Bubble mailers will not meet that requirement.

I have shipped 1000's of cards, in a PWE, by eBay Standard Envelope.  The tracking is hit and miss, at best.  Many will be delivered without the tracking showing that it was delivered.  Cost is $0.53 for one ounce, $0.73 for two ounces, $0.93 for three ounces,  Three ounces is the allowable limit.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I had a slabbed coin smashed a while back that was shipped without padding.

USPS is like that old luggage commercial with the gorilla throwing the suitcase around his small enclosure. Sometimes cheap does not always work!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply