cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems shipping from California to Glendale Heights, IL

I have shipped 3 different orders from California to buyers in the Chicago area in the past couple months. 
Each time, it was automatically sent with "Ebay International Shipping", and I have no idea why, but I'll try to turn that off next time (if it's possible).
The packages go to Ebay's international shipping hub, and remain there for weeks. 
2 of the packages still haven't been delivered. 

Is anyone else having this problem?
It only happens when I ship something to that region. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If it is being sent with eBay International Shipping, then your buyers are not in the Chicago area, they are international. Depending on the time of year and a host of other factors, it can sometimes take weeks before the shipments move on to the international leg of their journey. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If it is being sent with eBay International Shipping, then your buyers are not in the Chicago area, they are international. Depending on the time of year and a host of other factors, it can sometimes take weeks before the shipments move on to the international leg of their journey. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Assuming you are aware of the intricacies of international shipping, and you DO NOT want the option of ebay International Shipping (which pretty much handles all of the paperwork for you)

you need to go to:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

and opt out of the enrollment for this service...

Going forward, if you want to ship international, (which, depending on your niche) can be very lucrative, you must set up your own preferences to each country...It can be as simple as designating USPS International Calculated shipping....but you do lose all the benefits of ebay International Shipping.....

hope that helps

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

eBay has your back with EIS as far as your covered with refunds and feedback.

However, a seller can lose "repeat buyers" due to an item taking so long to get to the buyer.

And with a holiday rush around the corner and snow days coming one wonders are there going to be longer delays.

I opt-out quite a while. I depend on "repeat buyers".

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You're right!  I got confused, because in the order details, it only says that the item is shipping to Glendale Heights, IL.  It's not until I clicked on the buyers' profiles that I see they are in fact international. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You will always know @rocknrolos because if shipping with eIS the address will start with:

eIS C/O Buyer Name for Glendale Heights, IL (Chicago area) hub

eISLAC/O Buyer Name for the Commerce, CA (Los Angeles area) hub

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply