cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail Boxes - Can we use for Ground Advantage now?

I have a few items that the priority mail boxes would be the perfect fit, but since we now use ground advantage, can these boxes also be used for this shipping method?  Maybe with Priority crossed out with a sharpie? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Nope. You can only use the Priority boxes for Priority prices. Sharpies won't help.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No you can't do that.

Priority Mail shipping supplied are for use with priority mail only. The cost of the supplies is included in the postage charged for PM. If you misuse PM supplies for any other kind of shipment, the postage cost will be upgraded to PM and either charged to the seller or to the buyer on delivery (postage due).

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

What Priority boxes? The regional ones that were discontinued? I don’t think you can use them for ground advantage. If you do you will be charged as if it were Priority.  
https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Regional-Rate-Boxes 

IMG_1121.png

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, I thought we wouldn't be able to use but was hoping since they are the perfect size that I need.  Darn!  Glad I was able to get your responses.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

If you need more than one, or foresee needing more in the future, just measure them and look on ebay for a supplier of that size box.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Priority mailers are specifically for priority mail however cats are welcome to make them their vacation homes.

That said, Staples has been swinging some pretty great deals on packaging materials.

For egg-sample my shipment of 8x6x4 cardboard boxes just arrived, 50 boxes under $20 shipped free.  This goes to support my new theory, "If it smells good and tastes good, the bill will be over $50."

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Was that the 50% off deal?

I grabbed some as well.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I remember years ago people used to turn the priority mail boxes inside out until the USPS started printing priority mail in the inside 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

No you can't.  You will be billed for priority mail if caught by the post office.   That also applies to even used ones. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I think the overwhelming answer is .... NO.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The Regional boxes are great for organizing your supplies!IMG_4445.JPGIMG_4446.JPG

Message 12 of 12
latest reply