cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of shipping!

When clicking on the "shipping calculator", I get a price WITH a discount, but when sending the invoice, the discount isn't shown!  I don't understand!  It shows the first class price as $4.06 (-26%) and the next line is $5.50. BUT, when I go back to the "send the invoice"  the shipping is shown as $4.67!  What happened to the discount??

I have to say, the "old" way of eBay was a lot easier to do, than this (I haven't been on for a while!!)!!  I wanted to send a package today, but I have my doubts of that happening now!!  ;(

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Price of shipping!

Why are you bothering with sending invoices?

$4.06 is the online postage cost to ship 5-8 ounces to Zone 4

$5.50 is the retail postage cost to ship 5-8 ounces to Zone 4

$4.67 is the online postage cost to ship 9-12 ounces to Zone 4

So this is due to a weight difference, not because it's a listing vs invoice issue.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Price of shipping!

The package weighs 8 oz., so does the buy actually get THAT ($4.06) price for the shipping cost?  why are different prices shown?  It is VERY confusing, to say the least!!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Price of shipping!

The only time you should ever send an invoice is if the buyer requests one due to buying multiple items. They see the correct postage when eBay notifies them to pay, assuming you have entered the correct weight and size when you made the listing.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Price of shipping!

I do see where eBay requested the buyer to pay!  Thank you!  All I could focus on was 'SEND AN INVOICE"!!  🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Price of shipping!

@pjay950 wrote:

The package weighs 8 oz., so does the buy actually get THAT ($4.06) price for the shipping cost?  why are different prices shown?  It is VERY confusing, to say the least!!

The shipping calculator in eBay listings can be set to show (and charge the buyer) either the retail ("in store") rate or the online ("eBay discount") rate.  The default is to show/charge the retail price, but you can change this in your site preferences. Your recent Sold toothpick holder is set up to calculate the online price for 9-12 ounces, which would be $4.67 if your buyer lives in Zone 4.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply