cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package had to be signed for , buyer says they don't have it! PO shows delivery.

So, I sold a one of a kind item,had to be signed for ,picked up by hand by my postal worker.Shows "picked up at post office" and now the buyer says they don't have it?!

Ebay managed payments estimates oct 22 for the release date on the funds, which seems like an awful long wait.What is up with that?

Any help would be appreciated, as I just started selling again and have not used managed payments before.

Item total was $503.00.Did I just get ripped off, as ebay is waiting to see if the buyer has a problem with the item and they say they don't have it even though they had to sign for it?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Package had to be signed for , buyer says they don't have it! PO shows delivery.

As long as the tracking shows "picked up at post office" it is considered delivered and you are covered in the event of an item not received complaint. Just be sure to respond to the complaint WITH THAT INFORMATION including the tracing number so eBay can verify it for themselves.

I seem to recall reading that in view of the Covid restrictions the post office (and other carriers) were no longer getting signatures (since it means exposure to another individual).

I know there is at least one USPS carrier on these boards. Maybe they can confirm or clarify that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you,ebay stated it was sent to a zipcode different than buyer, but that is the zip on the label.So there is a hold of funds til oct 22.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Picked up by the post office is not enough. Tracking has to show delivered to the address eBay provided with the payment.  If they file not received put the tracking number in the listing. You might have purchased signature delivery but it's not a requirement for items less than $750. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply