cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK friends, how would you handle this one?

I shipped an oversized package to a buyer at the given address.  Shipping cost was approximately $19, buyer paid $16 of that because one of the two items she bought was free shipping.  The next day after the package shipped, I get an email from the buyer to change the address.  I replied that it was already shipped, and she should contact the post office at the original address and have the package forwarded, and she replied "OK".  Today the package has arrived back to me as undeliverable.  I am not willing to eat another $19 shipping to re-send it at my own expense, as I would then lose money on the entire deal.  I have not approached her yet.  What would you all do? 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Since the buyer gave the wrong address, here is how I handle it:

• I give them two options.  The first option is to cancel the sale, and the second option is to ship it a second time at their expense.
  • If they want it reshipped, then I invoice them via PayPal for the second shipping charge and reship it when they pay.
  • If they want a refund, I fully refund (cost plus shipping) and put them on my BBL ... I refund them fully because I don't want to deal with a case or a negative feedback.  (Some sellers disagree with this point, and they do not refund shipping costs).
  • If they do not respond to any communications within 60- days, I refund the cost of the item less shipping and put them on my BBL.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would refund the original purchase price of the items and cross my fingers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I decided to respond and just offer to reship if she pays the shipping again.  I'm waiting for a response - we'll see what  happens.  Oh, and BBL for sure - that's a given. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply