cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more sending non-document contents by lettermail (Canada) right?

It has been about 3 years since I sold on eBay. I sell mostly small items and could send narrower items (crystals) by lettermail back then. It was getting risky towards the end of my time here. But, now I am back and need to hear from Canadians. It's still a no-no to send small non-document items such as crystals by lettermail via Canada Post, right? Any suggestions on how to send such items affordably? I should mention that I am in a rural location. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@ignatia wrote:

It has been about 3 years since I sold on eBay. I sell mostly small items and could send narrower items (crystals) by lettermail back then. It was getting risky towards the end of my time here. But, now I am back and need to hear from Canadians. It's still a no-no to send small non-document items such as crystals by lettermail via Canada Post, right? Any suggestions on how to send such items affordably? I should mention that I am in a rural location. 

@ignatia 

Canadian seller here.

Anything shipped internationally that is considered non document NEEDS to be shipped with customs declarations. It's the law. If you do otherwise it risks being stopped by those folks at customs. Same rules for Canadians shipping internationally and that includes the USA. The paperwork takes a few minutes extra but time well spent. And best to watch the service you choose. From a Canadian perspective most Canadian buyers prefer/wish/hope/pray/celebrate when US sellers ship with a reasonable service vs eIS. Charges us customs processing and taxes when in most cases it should be exempt or that is how they are handled by Canada post. Hey just 2 cents (Canadian) for what it is worth.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies Thanks; appreciated. No mailing non-documents domestically anymore at all, right?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@ignatia wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodiesThanks; appreciated. No mailing non-documents domestically anymore at all, right?

@ignatia 

Within Canada you are good up to 2 cms thick. Letter format rules attached.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/letters-mail/postage-rates.page

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/sending/letters-mail/letter-size.page?

See non standard rules.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

Thanks. So within Canada, I can't send small stones via lettermail. That sucks. Mailing in most instances will cost more than the shipping for those items. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If the stones are under 2cm thick you can still send them oversize lettermail within Canada. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply