cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New USPS rates are in place

Ebay charged my customer todays rates but charged me tomorrows rates.  Gotta love it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

That is because today (1/22/23) is the day postage increased.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I sold a 12 oz item yesterday and decided to print the shipping label yesterday thinking that first class might go up a little bit today after the 2023 increase (despite the holiday rates dropping off).

I guess I was wrong. It cost me $5.08 yesterday and it only would be $5.04 if I made the label today.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

But all my existing listings show the old rates

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

I sold a 12 oz item yesterday .... It cost me $5.08 yesterday and it only would be $5.04 if I made the label today.

That's because the "holiday surcharge" expired.  Parcel Select Ground also decreased (up to 5 pounds, at least).

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

That's surprising. Usually the shipping calculators (including both in listings and also for labels) update immediately on the date that the new rates go into effect.  Can you give a specific example, including the package weight and dimensions?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yep I know 🙂

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

2 oz ESE at 84 cents.  But maybe that's the new rate too?  I doubt USPS only raised 1 oz.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Right.  It was 81 cents before.  Small FR box is 8.10 now.  I thought that's what it was with the holiday bump.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply