cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Feedback In Regards to Shipping Issue Outside of my Control

I haven't posted on this board much in the past 3+ years I've been ebaying, but so far my topics have been about how to deal with negative feedback and the issues with eBay standard delivery.

Today, after nearly 2 years from my last post, I'm here to ask for advice about something concerning an issue that blends both of those issues together into one beautiful dump of "what the hell, man?"

I noticed I received negative feedback this morning, which was a bit disappointing since I was about a month away from going back to 100% positive, but such is the way of e-commerce and dealing with strangers on the interwebs. Surprisingly though, unlike previous negative feedback where there was some level of extortion, this buyer simply left me a bad mark because of eBay standard delivery.  Here's their comment and the response I just posted:ebay negative feedback.png

As you can see, the buyer had no gripes with anything that I did, just the fact that ebay standard delivery is trash. But my listing had an option to use USPS ground advantage, which I'm sure my buyer didn't choose because it costs more than twice the price of what they paid for the playset of cards. I've considered dropping ebay standard delivery and my cheaper listings for quite some time just because of the consistent issues I've had with it, but that's a conversation for another post and also literally my most previous post from 2 years prior.

Anecdote aside, I'm posting here today to know if there is anyway to remove the negative feedback since the buyer's comment seems to indicate that I didn't do anything wrong, just that the shipping that THEY chose was subpar. I know you can always reach out to the buyer to request revision, but I went ahead and immediately blocked them since I feel anyone who would just leave negative feedback that quickly and without reaching out first is not worth my time. I considered reporting the buyer as well, but the provided options to report them on don't seem to really match my situation...I could see an argument for
"Buyer demanded something that was not offered in my listing" or "Buyer made a false claim" though both of those seem to be stretching a bit and not really applying in this specific context.

Happy to hear any feedback about how others would deal with similar circumstances!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I wouldn't even bother responding to that. Anyone who checks your feedback wouldn't hold it against you. I rarely even look at sellers' feedback. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@peeplescollectables 

A buyer made a purchase for $1.50, and then complains that the shipping was too CHEAP?

BBL.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yea honestly after blocking the cheapskate shoulda left it at that, but originally wanted to see if anyway to report him/reverse negative feedback. But time heals all and now days later figured I said my peace and don't got to interact with this idiot ever again so can just move on without dragging it out for no real reason. 

Important lesson though for dumping eBay standard delivery/cheap listings as I continue to update my store in the new year, for sure attracts a certain kind of entitled clientele that ain't worth their weight in faux copper. 

Thanks for your quick comment and insight and hope this post helped you in some way in your eBay journey, cheers. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yea reminds me of literally the last guy who left me negative feedback, who DM'd me right before he intended to leave bad reviews and said he would bc I wouldn't sell him a card lot I had listed @ $10 for $3 when I offered to @ $5 alongside a $15 bundle he bought just to be a cool dude even though 50% is a hefty discount out of nowhere and then he came around and acted like I cared more about $2 than building a relationship with my customers...I gave yah a 50% discount and you wanted an extra 40% from that discounted price and I'm the one in the wrong...lmao ok yah frugal Fogell, I need you to back all the way up off my back lol. 

Moral of the story: provide ppl with great service at reasonable market prices, but beware of penny pinchers bc no matter how much product they may end up purchasing, it's never worth the interaction in the first place. 

Appreciate the response and hope you have yourself a fantastic weekend! 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What does that knucklehead's Feedback Left for Others look like?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply