cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Technical HELP.... eBay LABEL WILL NOT PRINT..... HELP!

Hello,

First, I checked my HP printer (ink, cleaned, align, etc) and I am able to print from my desktop OTHER information but NOT the eBay label, using eBay's label system.   Very Weird!

#2.  I spoke with eBay CS.   CS walked me through step-by-step and eventually EMAILED me the label I paid for but the label still would not print after downloading.  My browser is Chrome and I tried switching browsers to no avail.  You can hear the printer printing but when the label ejects, the label is BLANK.  CS escalated my problem to technical but informed me the department does not receive customer calls and will not contact customers. 

#3.  Does anyone have any suggestions OR is there something I need to install, check, or uncheck on my  PC?  I have Malwarebytes.... surely, this isn't the problem with printing?  Weird!

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible that Malwarebytes is finding eBay Labels to be a nuisance. Disable Malwarebytes and try to reprint your label.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that doesn't work, reset everything. Unplug printer for a few minutes, do a restart on your PC or laptop, etc.

Sometimes programming or drivers slip a cog.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

My advice would have been to download the label then print. Since you've already done that and the page came out blank, that points towards a likely printer problem.

First, have you tried printing anything besides the shipping label?

You said you already made sure there was sufficient ink and  you cleaned the print head. That's good.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer driver? The software could be corrupted. Or, if your OS was recently updated, that may require a new driver.

@eburtonlab probably has a whole list of things you can check.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You obviously have an alignment issue or medium issue if you can hear it printing but the label is blank, but it's hard to say without specific details.

Have you tried putting a normal piece of paper in and try printing the actual label on that.   If it does print on that, but it does not print on your label paper, then obviously the label paper isn't either aligned right, or it's not for an inkjet printer, maybe you have thermal paper. 

And stop cleaning the ink, you're wasting a lot of money every time you do that.   ALl cleaning does is shoots 1ml of ink through each print head to unclog ink.   Depending on the size of your print cartridge, that could be 10% of all your ink, and i'm sure you know how much ink cartridges cost. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have an ink printer, it will print on thermal paper......but a thermal printer will not print on regular paper. It just heats and nothing happens on the paper because it's not thermal paper.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Do you see the label preview?

Does it look correctly formatted to the page outline?

Is your browser set to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader?

What OS are you using?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have an ink printer, it will print on thermal paper......but a thermal printer will not print on regular paper. It just heats and nothing happens on the paper because it's not thermal paper.

Just because you can do something doesn't make it right.    Inkjet paper is designed to receive sprayed ink, while thermal paper is slippery and will make the label smudge easier than if it were applied to typical paper.   I wouldn't expect someone that thinks malware bytes could interfere with label printing to know that.

Can You Use Thermal Paper in a Normal Printer? Using thermal paper in a regular printer is not advisable. Thermal paper is designed to work in thermal printers, which use heat instead of ink. It is also thinner and more slippery

Message 8 of 8
latest reply