cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail man picked up my Fedex shipment, No tracking update

This has been a nightmare for my first sell. SO I never have had a problem with using fedex pickup in the past for returns and sending stuff out ect. My mail man decides to pickup the FedEx shipment KNOWING ITS FEDEX I have been talking to everyone this week FedEx and USPS. Local and corporate. The tracking number hasn't shown its first scan yet. Local USPS says that everything get put out the door to FedEx next day so should I assume there has been no scan/update? I talked to a FedEx guy today if it is on the truck without being scanned you would have to wait until it reaches it's next location. It has been since Monday though has picked it up and since they say next day that would make it 3 days without a scan.

I have been updating my Buyer letting him know that I am trying to get a tracking number on the package and if it gets to a certain point I understand if a refund is necessary, I don't want him to have a bad experience with my first time selling. Why mail man...why.....

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It will be OK.  Keep everyone posted of the progress and the members of this board will walk you through it.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  Again, though, I want to compliment you for your handling of it.  You are staying on top of the situation.  The buyer may not know what to think yet.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You are doing everything right.  I think there is a certain amount of insurance included in a fedex shipment so hopefully that covers you if you have to refund the buyer.

Once in awhile the Post Office doesn't scan shipment until the very last "out for delivery" scan.  I stress out every time.  But you are doing exactly what you should do, keeping your buyer informed.  It will probably all turn out OK.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Oh wait...

The mailman picked it up, as in, Post Office?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I read your original post too quickly.  Sorry about that.

That's a unique problem.  But you ARE doing everything you can do.  The problem is, Fedex won't cover it through their insurance since it was never in their possession.  Bummer.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

thanks for the response, yeah I have been doing everything the only thing is buyer has not responded to my updates and my apology if wants refund if he feels unhappy with how things turned out. Do I just keep waiting for a update in tracking until a response from the buyer pretty much? I have also never done a refund before payment method was pay pal

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

It will be OK.  Keep everyone posted of the progress and the members of this board will walk you through it.  I'm sorry this happened to you.  Again, though, I want to compliment you for your handling of it.  You are staying on top of the situation.  The buyer may not know what to think yet.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I'd be down at the post office to get them to look for it. I might also offer to be "helpful" and file a mail theft report with the police. That just might encourage the mailman to go find it

@tcookies25 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I handed the postman a USPS package one time and unfortunately the person was a sub....and thought my package was a return.  Apparently they contracted something with some company to handle returns a certain way.  So my package sat in the return bin for several days with no scan, and I was frantic.  Eventually they figured it out.  Yay.  The buyer was patient.  Bless his heart.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Thank you ! I will just stay on standby I guess until I find out something new and/or the buyer gets a chance to respond to me. Maybe packages will have to be dropped off at a warehouse before the weekend if it is a ghost package and hopefully scanned at least I would imagine. Thank you for the feedback !

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I probably will march down there tomorrow if I don't see any updates just to see them look for it with my own eyes. The guy on the phone in the delivery dep, said fedex gets it next day, but also we are not liable for fedex packages. It is stupid they pick these packages up then..

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Was the package on your doorstep/porch/other outside location for pickup, or did you leave it in your mailbox?

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

It was on my porch away from the mailbox with Fedex Label Up front and next day I saw the Mail man he said he picks up Fedex all the time. Now I feel sorry for all those poor souls. I am now leaving instructions on every pickup to knock and ring doorbell, I don't trust my mail man even if I told him to leave them alone. He is probably running a hex core PC now. I refunded the buyer today, it was the ETA of delivery and apologized.. I am sure he was not happy although I did everything I could 😕

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@donwill8106 wrote:

I'd be down at the post office to get them to look for it. I might also offer to be "helpful" and file a mail theft report with the police. That just might encourage the mailman to go find it

@tcookies25 

This! File a theft case with your local PD and list the mailman as a suspect.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@tcookies25 wrote:

next day I saw the Mail man he said he picks up Fedex all the time.

Have you talked to the Postmaster about this?

The mail carrier should not be picking up anything but USPS packages (unless they are in the mailbox) - don't know why any mail carrier would think this is OK.  His boss needs to have a talk with him.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Fedex has an agreement with USPS so make sure that isn't the case. If not, I'm sure it was an honest mistake and the mail man will notice and return it to the return address. They will notice once back at the usps mail center. It was there mistake, you should be okay. I would suggest contacting someone in USPS though to look for it since TECHNICALLY you could claim theft (though I would NOT do that as it was a mistake) but you could argue this point as a means to get the postmaster to look more closely

good luck

Message 15 of 23
latest reply