cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Package As A Seller

I sold a package and seems to be lost it left the facility and has been "traveling" to the next facility for 8 days. And from what I have seen it looks like I refund the seller and lose my item and just lose money. I was wondering if there is anything to do to make it not such a loss for me

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Lost Package As A Seller

Some sorting hubs are black holes right now due to staff shortage, backlogs, weather conditions. The package isn't lost, just sitting in the trailer waiting to be scanned and processed.

If buyer did not initiated INR case just sit tight and wait, or better yet, message a buyer with "Sorry about delivery delay, etc.

If buyer did open INR case- read the announcements on your sellers hub, eBay is aware about delays and takes measures to protect sellers from neg feedback, extended delivery time frame and so on. Communicate with your buyer, most will work with you.

Don't panic or refund.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Lost Package As A Seller

In addition to the above excellent advice, you should be aware of a couple  "tools" you could use to help in a stuck package situation.

If the item is pricey enough you can file a Package Intercept <---Link  and pay $15.25.  That could get the item back to you and is a way to avoid losing the item AND the money in a case where eBay forces a refund before the item is delivered.

Also, there is a multi-step process for Missing Mail you can follow.  Start that and you can report your efforts to your buyer:  

I noticed your package has stalled.  There are weather delays in the shipping systems but I have started a search process with the USPS to try to help goose the package along. Sorry for the delay, I appreciate your patience.

So fret not!  The icicles will eventually thaw, packages will begin moving again and now you have some tools you could use to help in this situation!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Lost Package As A Seller

" file a Package Intercept <---Link  and pay $15.25"

I could understand the Fee if you changed your mind within normal delivery times.  But when a package is way past due it seems like it should be a courtesy Intercept since USPS failed to deliver within their stated times.  They should refund the original shipping also.  I know they won't, I am just saying they should.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply