cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sent to Hawaii Ground Advantage Still in Transit After 3weeks.

I sold an Item to a buyer in Hawaii, sent it out Ground Advantage and its still shows in transit after 3wks. Contacted Buyer and they said they've had items lost before.  I've never had an item not delivered. How do I handle this? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You do nothing unless the buyer opens an INR claim.

The package could be lost or on a ship.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Call USPS or go online and open a missing mail case. That may get it moving. If you wait till the buyer opens an inr case to file a missing mail form then it'll be to late and you'll be refunding. Doing nothing is bad advice, especially with all the slow downs at USPS. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Or sitting in a sorting facility. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I live in Hawai`i- sometimes items I purchase (shipped Ground Advantage) take a month or more to get here once they leave San Francisco (or LA or wherever). Itʻs something Iʻve gotten used to. I think Iʻve only had one item actually disappear for good- it was small, easy to lose and the seller replaced. Funny, though- when I sell an item it reaches the West Coast in a few days, no matter what service I use.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I live in Hawaii and know first hand that anything over 16 oz comes via boat after being trucked to LA. It can take from 4 to 6. weeks to arrive. Seems the light items take no space so are just put in with priority items on a plane so they arrive quickly. The exact same sequence happens with items shipped from Hawaii.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@inhawaii  ships a lot out of Hawaii though I think he uses USPS Priority for everything.  FWIW

Posting ID
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I can't speak for you, but I still send AND receive packages over 1 lb. via Ground Advantage and they do not come slow boat.  Normally takes 3-5 days.

The fact that's it's hung up I don't think has anything to do with it going to Hawaii.

Perhaps just a Coincidence?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 8
latest reply