cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item says it is Shipped but it Doesn't say it on the tracker

I bought shoes with the (Authenticity Guaranteed) label, and the seller I bought from says that the order was "cancelled" because it was "Out of Stock or Damaged". Mind you, I am very aware that the shoes that I bought are pre-owed but clean. I am guessing that the reason they cancelled it was because I bought it and they ended up accidentally cancelling the order instead of labeling the item "Out Of Stock".

I bought the Item on the 20th of October 2023, but It says it was cancelled right after I bought it, but then it said "Your Item Was Shipped October 20th" the next day after when I pressed the cancellation details. Then when I went to "View Order Details" It still says that it is in the middle of being Paid and Being Shipped.

It has been 5 days and the (Paid -> Shipped -> Delivered) tracker has not changed. It is showing me two different things and I am confused.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm a bit confused too so I can understand why you are.  When an order is cancelled, the buyer is automatically refunded. Have you checked your payment source for a refund or has ebay sent you something saying that you have been refunded?

It's pretty difficult to accidentally cancel an order so it is unlikely that happened. When an item sells, the inventory is automatically changed so the seller would not have been been setting it to out of stock. 

Generally your order details will show that an order has been shipped as soon as a label as been made even before the label is scanned at the post office. So it is possible that a label was made but the item hasn't been taken to the post office and/or scanned by the post office.  However, since it says that it was cancelled, it's unlikely that they actually printed a label. Is there a tracking number showing on your purchase details?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I used a Credit-card Giftcard since I don't have my own credit/debit card yet. So I am unsure if I am able to get a refund. My phone got confiscated as well so I am unable to check my balance on a school computer, and the only number shown is the Order Number, so sight of a Tracking Number.

(thank you for responding btw!)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply