cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received

I bought an item on ebay last January from a Chinese based seller, who is still active on ebay. The seller initially sent me the wrong item, I complained and was promised to send me the correct item when available. I have emailed many times since and received the run around. Excuses such as out of stock, busy period and even saying they have sent the item. Finally, now they are not responding to my emails at all and they are still advertising the same items for sale on ebay. When I try to contact the ebay customer service, the system does not recognise the purchase at all. Therefore, I can not either phone or email ebay for help. What can I do, as I am still out of pocket?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item not received

You ran out of time. eBay gives 30 days and PayPal 180 days. If you paid by credit card, you can try them. May be to late for them as well.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Item not received

I agree, it is too late.  You need to read the ebay and Paypal guarantee policies.  There are time limits that you have let go by. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Item not received

OK, I understand better the way eBay works now. But there is something wrong with the system, if I can not report to eBay the disgusting business practises of this seller. There are probably other buyers affected by their dealings with them. I can not believe all the lies and excuses I've had, which has resulted in delay in lodging my complaint to eBay. Now, seven months later I am still out of pocket and have not received and probably never will receive my order. This guy needs to be named and shamed.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Item not received

@daylight484 wrote:

OK, I understand better the way eBay works now. But there is something wrong with the system, if I can not report to eBay the disgusting business practises of this seller. There are probably other buyers affected by their dealings with them. I can not believe all the lies and excuses I've had, which has resulted in delay in lodging my complaint to eBay. Now, seven months later I am still out of pocket and have not received and probably never will receive my order. This guy needs to be named and shamed.

The sytem is fine as long as you know how it works.

Sorry, but you let your deadlines go by. You chose to believe the lies. You delayed the lodging of your complaints to Ebay. This is not Ebays fault.

Now that you know what went wrong here, I'm sure you won't let this happen to you again.

It's a lesson learned for your future purchases.

It's time to let go and move on. Sorry this happened to you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Item not received

You're out of luck with eBay or PayPal. Your only hope would be a credit card chargeback, which I always recommend all buyers use a credit on eBay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Item not received

@daylight484 wrote:

OK, I understand better the way eBay works now. But there is something wrong with the system...

There is nothing wrong with the "system", when you received your not as described item you should have opened a SNAD claim and be done with it. MOST China sellers will try and stall you in an exchange or replacement mode to get you beyond 180 days. YOU just need to READ how the "system" works. BTW, name & shame is against eBay policy, that's what feedback is for (but its even too late for that).

Message 7 of 7
latest reply