cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item hasn’t arrived, tracking says in transit arriving late.

I ordered an item from a seller on April 15 and paid immediately. The seller then shipped the item out immediately. All was fine until it got to the destination facility, which is the one right before it gets to the local post office and goes out for delivery. I was expecting it and another package as both seemed to arrive in the same bin. I received one package but not the other, and it turned out the package that didn’t arrive was scanned in sort of a loop the entire day, now it says in transit arriving late. I’m not sure what could have happened.

since it’s so close to my home, how long should I wait before requesting a refund from the seller? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Since it does appear to be traveling, you could probably wait awhile longer, whatever's in your comfort zone.  Just don't exceed the 30 day limit for opening an INR case.

BTW, what is the number at the bottom of your message? The tracking number? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yes that’s the label number of the package in question. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@theantiquetoymuseumandstore,

According to the USPS tracking site the item left the Teterboro Regional facility. A Destination facility would be your Local P.O..  If I remember correctly Teterboro is a USPS domestic air freight hub so your package may have to go to a smaller distribution center in Hackensack or Teaneck for example. Before reaching your local P.O. depending on your location.  It is possible the truck delivering packages to the next facility broke down, or the next facility experienced a power outage or equipment breakdown of some sort and is waiting there without an "arrived at" scan.

I would wait to see if there is a USPS update today, and if there isn't one, call the USPS customer service line tonight, give them your tracking number, and ask them to do a missing package search. I would contact the seller and tell them the package is stuck and give them the USPS claim number for the search.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Actually no it goes to Bergenfield but then it goes directly to my home after that, it doesn’t go to Hackensack or any other town, as all my other packages went through Bergenfield then went directly to my post office. 

I emailed the seller and he said there’s nothing I can do and just be patient. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Also I got another package that was supposed to be on the same trailer as this one on Wednesday. If the truck has broken down or there was an outage I likely would not have received that package. My guess is this particular one fell behind some equipment in the facility or the label was torn off and unreadable 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

You need to be patient.  Nothing is considered lost by the post office unless 30 days have passed. You have no way of knowing if this box was on the same truck as another one of your packages. It's possible that your box is stuck in a bin or a sack in a postal facility.    You will need to wait a little longer.  The one thing you can do is go to the post office with the tracking #.  Have the clerk check on their system.  Perhaps the inquiry alone on the postal system is enough to get someone at the last facility to look around and get your box moving.  You will need patience. It's not fair to the seller to request a refund when you can get this box any moment. If 3 weeks pass, that is another matter.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

The shipment is still getting updates. Nothing to worry about. Patience. 

Posting ID
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Update: tracking still shows in transit arriving late. Opened up a missing mail request through USPS and opened up an INR case with the seller. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

any update for this case?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I’m sure this has been resolved as this thread is 6 months old. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply