cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item I sold damaged in shipping Priority mail. Buyer just contacted me. Is it her responsibility

Am I responsible for the loss?  How do I get redress from PO 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Item I sold damaged in shipping Priority mail. Buyer just contacted me. Is it her responsibility

@tomsawyerfinds 

Am I responsible for the loss?  How do I get redress from PO 

You are responsible to the buyer for loss in shipping damage. Buyer should file an eBay item not as described return request. You have the option of paying for return shipping or refunding without return of the item. 

You can file a claim with the USPS to try and recover your losses. You should contact the buyer and ask them for photos of damage to the box and item. You should ask the buyer to please set the broken item and box out of site until your claim is processed. The USPS may require the item and packaging be taken to the nearest USPS for review. You will need to refund the buyer whether or not the USPS approves your claim. The buyer does not need to cooperate to get a refund.

File a Claim | USPS

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ask the buyer for a few pictures of the item and package, then refund the buyer.
Have the buyer hang on to the item and package so it can be inspected.
You file a claim with the carrier.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 3
latest reply