cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s the day of estimated delivery and my order hasn’t been shipped yet

I’m trying to collect some really great manga for a collection im building and i ordered 4 volumes of the Vagabond series. i purchased them all as a bundle in the same listing as well on 12/14 and it said estimated delivery would be from 12/19-12/23. i decided to message the seller and asked if he could let me know anything about the shipping as i know sometimes they don’t scan things in, which wouldn’t be the sellers fault but i haven’t heard a response back. im only concerned because it was the only listing i have found with these as a bundle and it was a good 160 as opposed to buying them individually. (they are out of print from 2003) i don’t wanna open any requests so im deciding to wait a few days and message the seller again in the future but im wondering if anyone has any input/also experienced anything similar? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice that you don't want to open a claim against the seller in case they did ship. I'd give it until mid next week. That allows time for Christmas to pass, and if the seller does not reply by then and you receive nothing in the mail I'd go ahead and open a claim.

If the seller was responsive it would be different and I'd remind you of the 30 day window for coverage on a non-receipt claim. But since the seller is non-responsive and you don't have tracking, I'd give it until a couple days after Christmas. If no response from the seller, file the claim.

By any chance is this a brand new seller? Many new sellers do not realize eBay will hold their payments for up to a month so they don't ship because they haven't received the payment. Ignorance is not an excuse though. They're supposed to ship when you pay and eBay will release the funds within a few weeks, or sometimes shortly after successful delivery. Just offering up the info as a possible reason the seller hasn't shipped if they're new.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

A day after the estimated delivery date Ebay gave you, open an Item Not Received case.
Go to your purchase history and click I didn't get it in the menu next to the item.
The seller will have 3 days to provide a tracking number showing it was delivered or refund.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I appreciate you very much, Merry Christmas!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's nice that you don't want to open a claim against the seller in case they did ship. I'd give it until mid next week. That allows time for Christmas to pass, and if the seller does not reply by then and you receive nothing in the mail I'd go ahead and open a claim.

If the seller was responsive it would be different and I'd remind you of the 30 day window for coverage on a non-receipt claim. But since the seller is non-responsive and you don't have tracking, I'd give it until a couple days after Christmas. If no response from the seller, file the claim.

By any chance is this a brand new seller? Many new sellers do not realize eBay will hold their payments for up to a month so they don't ship because they haven't received the payment. Ignorance is not an excuse though. They're supposed to ship when you pay and eBay will release the funds within a few weeks, or sometimes shortly after successful delivery. Just offering up the info as a possible reason the seller hasn't shipped if they're new.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Seems the seller has sold a few items with a 100% rating and good feedback on those transactions too and have been members since 2019 so they shouldn’t be new to any of this i don’t think

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

In life anything can happen, the seller may have had a personal emergency, or  the package may not have gotten an acceptance scan ( assuming that tracking has been applied) at the originating PO... I personally would give it as much time as can comfortably be allowed in the event one of these or other unforeseen issues had come up. Prepare to file an Item Not Received claim within the 30 day window, with which the clock in your case is now running, when you file the seller will get one more opportunity to answer your inquiry if it is within their power to do so.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As you're aware, items don't always get scanned on their travels from seller to buyer.

In addition, USPS service at this time of year is notoriously unreliable.

Your plan to wait a few days before taking any action is a good one. Personally, would give it til at least the 26th or 27th before opening a case.  

You do know that you have eBay's Money Back Guarantee if/when a transaction goes wrong, right?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply