cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my seller required to use EBay International shipping service?

Hi, I purchased a bicycle from Italy and I live in Australia. Something I have done many times.
The seller - who I have confidence in - is saying he is now having trouble shipping bicycles from Italy using EBay International because there is a limit on carton size by EBay. The limit is too small for a bicycle and is smaller than normal Italian Post.
The add did not make any mention of EBay International shipping. The exact shipping details were written as "Poste delivery international standard"  The word EBay does not appear anywhere in relation to shipping.
An amount for shipping was automatically calculated at time of sale and included in the purchase price.
It is similar to the amount I normally pay.
Does the seller have to use EBay International shipping service or can he choose to use another method?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dadoflam46 . On which eBay site did you make the purchase? eBay.it , eBay.com.au , or eBay.com?

FYI you are on the .com discussion forum.

If you purchased on .com.au I suggest you post your question on community.com.au

If you purchased on .com can you provide the item number so we can take a look at the shipping settings to help with your question?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As far as I know eBay International Shipping is only for sellers for are in the US.  Ebay Global Shipping is for sellers who are in the UK. I'm not aware of any other international shipping programs and I doubt that eBay has one in Italy.   They may just be confused as the requirement for any of ebay's shipping programs has nothing to do with the shipping requirements for Italian Post.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply