cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping

Hello all can someone suggest the best method to ship an item to Brazil?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

International shipping

Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing you do is check to make sure it is legal to ship to Brazil.

https://pe.usps.com/IMM_Archive/HTML/IMM_Archive_20060108/imm/immicl/immiclab_028.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

International shipping

Brazil (South America in general) is a black hole for packages; be ready for an INR case that you won't be able to beat.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

International shipping

I ship to Brazil on a regular basis. I have never had an issue. I usually ship via eBay International Delivery. If you want better protection, use the Global Shipping Program. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

International shipping

I stopped international sales about a year ago  maybe

the EISD program is the one with ESUS tracking  and its decent enough.

I did have 2-3 claims for the $50 INR and they were all paid within 2-3 days, it was a nice surprise

I actually preferred to just use the EDELCON program countries and ship direct

the majority of my shipping was under 12 ounces so it was very good for me, until it wasn`t

I am biased against the Eastern Bloc and most of South America when it comes to shipping

all the tracking in the world is not good if it does not get the final delivery scan

Brazil is a no go for me

@drobi609 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

International shipping

I ship  9 -10 packages per month without issues.  I use Pirateship  (you have to request the special international exporter rate).  The exporting company is Ascendia USA.   You ship  the package to a US address ( one of their exporting centers) and then they process ( add the customs form that you have filled out on the Pirateship  site) and ship it to Brazil with full tracking.  With Pirateship there are 55 countries that have full tracking.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

International shipping

First, check to make sure you can ship your item to Brazil, some countries have a long list of odd/bizarre prohibitions and if I remember right Brazil has one concerning "used consumer goods" (that is ambiguous and could be up to interpretation.)

In terms of "best" service, USPS first class will be the cheapest and priority if over 4 pounds and/or oversize (UPS and Fedex will always be more by a long shot.) If you are setting up shipping in  a listing, you should probably use eBay's Global Shipping Program to protect yourself in case the package is lost or stolen when in possession of the postal authorities there.

(If you have never sent anything outside the USA before, be prepared for major sticker shock, especially if the item is oversized or over 4 pounds, even when sent via USPS.)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply