cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping item held up and ebay not giving extra time to resolve

I sold an item with a value of about $200 to a buyer in Greece back in February. (I am in the US) I used this new eBay International Shipping when prompted. So the item got stuck in Germany for a couple weeks, the buyer believes because of the pandemic and border restrictions. We have messaged frequently while looking for the item. The buyer opened a case with ebay today. Ebay has taken the money from my pay pal account. I can only contact through email since they are not taking calls. As of right now I am being told that I have 3 days to resolve the issue. I do not understand why I am being told this and not given some extra time for the item to get to the buyer. Also I am basically being told this is my fault. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? I almost wonder if my email is being answered by a bot. I thought I would have some protection since I am a top rated seller and used ebays newest international shipping program which said it would be safer. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If tracking shows movement within the last 7 days, we'll place the case on hold for 5 days for a domestic case or 10 days for an international case to allow more time for the package to be delivered. Tracking is reviewed before any decision is made.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It's too bad you didn't use the GSP.

Contact eBay customer service. Even if there hasn't been movement in the last 7 days maybe they'll grant you an extension because of the C-19 situation.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@offer-nerd   Hopefully you read @nh7235 's reply ... eBay WILL extend the INR claim window on a case by case basis but it typically requires a phone call and right now that would be a challenge.  Unfortunately, I think many Sellers will be taking it on the chin with any issues and claims being processed without being able to have someone from eBay look at a case ...  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You could contact ebay by email and if that doesn't help, try ebay business on facebook or twitter.

If the packages doesn't ever show up, there is up to $100 insurance on the package. More info...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I thought with the new Intl Shipping Service, Ebay handled things once the item left the US?!?!? If it is stuck in Germany, isn't Ebay supposed to be investigating since you, as the seller, are only responsible for getting the item to the US hub?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@pickermall wrote:

I thought with the new Intl Shipping Service, Ebay handled things once the item left the US?!?!? If it is stuck in Germany, isn't Ebay supposed to be investigating since you, as the seller, are only responsible for getting the item to the US hub?

No, this service works differently than the gsp. It includes $100 insurance and the seller is responsible for lost packages and damages. The information is in the link that I posted.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes I agree. One of the replies I got simply said that I "need to make it right with my buyer" and gave me 3 days. I am assuming this response was a bot. Hopefully not too many of us will get it too bad.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This is kind of crazy... I read through a lot of that page on the link you provided... I tried the new program on some of my orders and got charged $22 for each of those for shipping. Thankfully, the items got to the buyers. But if the parcel is lost, I would have to "make it right" when Ebay is handling shipments from their hub? That's INSANE!!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply